Here's a quick, fun lesson about the difference between eating a fresh apple from Mother Nature and an apple pie from a fast food restaurant. Which one will you choose now? Plus fun facts about apples and a joke or two to get you all giggly today.
A few facts about apples you might not know:
- More than 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the United States.
- Apples contain no fat, sodium or cholesterol and are a good source of fiber. Yay!
- Apple trees take 4 to 5 years to produce their first fruit. Apples ripen 6 to 10 times faster at room temperature than if refrigerated.
- The largest apple ever picked weighed about 3 pounds. Wow!
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- The top apple producers around the world are China, United States, Turkey, Poland and Italy.
- A peck of apples weighs 10.5 pounds. A bushel weights about 42 pounds.
- It takes about 36 apples to create one gallon of apple cider.
Some apple jokes...
Why did the apple go to the doctor?
He felt rotten to the core.
What did the apple tree say to the hungry caterpillar?
Leaf me alone.
What kind of apple has a bad temper?
A crab apple.
Why did the apple cry?
Its peelings were hurt.
Why was the apple alone with the orange?
Because the banana split.
Why did the apple stop running?
He ran out of juice.