We like this video because it emphasizes what we've learned is incredibly important about eating better and getting healthy.
Connecting with others! Sharing and finding common ground is what makes each one of us feel good and gives us power to be better. Building and nurturing your bandwagon of support is at the core of improved nutrition and wellness. So reach out and share.
Now what do you think about a ball pit in our town squares, day programs, schools and churches where we jump in and talk about healthy habits? Okay, we get it—we're total Fiber Nerds. It sure is fun to dream though...
Some healthy tips worth sharing, ball pit or no...
- Eat 25 grams of fiber each day. Fiber has a number of heath benefits and is a super nutrient that fills you up, so you're less likely to snack on empty calories.
- Fruits and vegetables contain a lot of fiber, as do whole wheat breads and pastas.
- As often as possible, portion your plate at mealtime with 25% lean protein, 25% healthy starch, 25% vegetables and 25% fruits (or make that 50% vegetables).
- Bump up the flavor of your veggies with spices, fruit juices, and sauces so the whole household loves eating the likes of broccoli and carrots.
- Get the whole household involved in menu planning and meal prep as often as possible. When you make it, you own it.
- Create enjoyment around mealtime; it's easier to eat better when fun is added into the mix.